Thursday 13 December 2007

Pantanal...Piranha fishing

...Piranha fishing on Rio Grande(big river) from front lawn of our jungle lodge-it was great fun and I think I may take up fishing... the bait used was chunks of pure beef and soon as you threw the bait in the water you could feel the tug of the Piranhas feeding on it straight away-real scary sensation...
...P trying her luck at fishing but Piranhas would just eat the bait and swim away...fishing ain't easy as I thought it was...
...this is the first fish I ever caught and boy did I enjoy it!-and yes it was PIRANHA-it was too small so I had to put it back in the river...note the sweat soaked shirt and it was only 9am...

...this is PIRANHA I caught and look at those teeth...boy they are vicious...it is known in this part that group of Piranhas has now and then eaten a fully grown cow in less than 15 minutes...
...some of the other fish we caught like this catfish -were grilled-I was told they tasted real good!...
...this is the same waters where we were fishing for Piranhas above and this waters are teeming with 20 species of Piranhas and hundreds of Alligators-just believe me because we have seen them and if you look carefully between the boat and the small white building on the left there is an Alligator swimming that got little bit too close to where P & V and their chums were swimming and I told P and V to come out of the waters-I am not kidding..across the river there were many Allis just waiting for the sun to comeout...Locals go swimming here all the time but not if they have open wound or women are on their monthly but it is still dangerous...the brave Swedes stayed in the water as though they had a death wish...I refused to get in that water for love or money...I think P would think twice before she would do that again as well...I think....


No comments: