Tuesday 23 October 2007

NZ-Taupo Bungy Jump

...14th Oct 2007...something very strange came over to P and I and we booked TANDEM SKYDIVE from 15,000 feet...yaa thats right! for 15th Oct at 10am ...a Limo picked us up in some style from our campsite and off we went to the airport to catch a very small plane to take us up 15,000 feet and well....as luck would have it the wind was blowing over 24 knots and so it was too dangerous for us to be plummeting towards earth with just a piece of string and bit of clothing called parachute floating us gently down at 200km per hour!...(pure f...... madness!)and so it was cancelled and very bravely P said on my behalf that we would try again at 2pm...we waited very nervously and prayed that wind would blow even harder at gale force and it worked...it was cancelled again!...thank you god! ...they asked us to try again the next day but we had already planned to move to our next destination so we said we will have to leave it ...for now anyway!...it was 3pm and P said what do we do now as the Limo was dropping us back to our campsite...P had the answer ! she was in an adrenaline charged zone and she aksed the Limo driver to drop us kindly at the Taupo Bungy Jump!..I said what for? ... no! no!no! I screamed and pleaded my case to both P and V but they refused to back down...I was very lucky to be wearing brown pants this day... and well the rest is history!
...Fear is nothing dad...so do not fear something that is nothing said Vedanta at 4pm 15th Oct 2007 Taupo NZ...
I know what you are thinking,WHAT IF?...said the priest giving me the last rights!
...then I said to myself as I faced something that is nothing...
I must not fear,fear is the mind killer.Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over and through me.And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.Only I will remain.
...EMBRACE THE FEAR...THE ULTIMATE JUMP...

...the platform is jutting out 20 meters over a cliff and hurtles down 55 meters down below towards the beautiful pristine blue/green Waikato River... falling with gravity at 250km per hour!!!!it last about 5 seconds...cocktails of adrenaline,seretonin and morph released in the body is what's it all about! one amazing rush!

...the yellow raft waiting down below ...well ...they are the official undertakers!

...the last faint words I heard as I jumped was someone saying ...Oi dad!..you've forgot to sign the willlllllllllllll...and do I get the Spanish flat or whatttttttttttttttt! and do I have to finish my dinnnneerrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

...the feeling at this time was...well...bring it on...I mean anything!..

...watch this space...

...I jumped first then P did it too and she done it in real style and I was really so proud of her...but she wants to keep the pictures private...unless ofcourse Hello! magazine , Garvi Gujarat ,Surendranagar Gazette or something wants to buy them at the right price...interested parties plase call her agent Vedanta...



No comments: