Sunday 28 October 2007

More SKYDIVE PICTURES!!!!!

...finally we did it! 28th Oct 2007-Limo picked us up from our camper site at 2:45 ,arrived airport 3:00,tiny 8 seater aeroplane took off with us at 3:30, and we jumped out of the plane in to icy thin air at 15,000 feet ---f.....g mad or what! ...8 seater plane-no seats just flat pole like structure and sitting behind one another with your skydive master sitting behind you... ...my skydive master's name was Rio and believe me I've never met anyone like him-he was one crazy life/ fun loving son of a bitch-I told him I want to take what ever he is on!...were P and I scared? bet your life we were -P seemed more concerned than myself because Rio kept my mind off the dive with his antiques......P and V with skydive master Phillip before getting on the plane-trying The Tiger look!
...Rio and I before getting on the plane-at this time we were having such fun that I forgot I was going on a plane to skydive from 15,000 feet! nuts! I mean proper bloody Hazel nuts! although What If! was not far from my mind
...we were told followings before our dive...
...it takes a certain kind of person to step out of an aircraft at 15,000 feet into thin air.It takes courage.The fact that you are harnessed by space age materials to an experience qualified jumpmaster makes little difference.
...YOU STEP OUT OF THAT AIRCRAFT DOOR IN TO VERY COLD THIN AIR AND FOR SOME SIXTY SECONDS YOU PLUMMET/FREEFALL TOWARDS THE GROUND AT 200KM/HOUR-TERMINAL VELOCITY-BEFORE THE PARACHUTE OPENS...
The first skydive is a very scary thing-your mind/body/soul has sensory overload and you fight against every natural self-preservatory urge.The personal challenge is IMMENSE,because the only thing preventing you from enjoying this one of the most primal life shaping experiences ,is your own mind and you must choose.
...To go through life able to say "yes,I did it", or to go through life knowing that you had the oppertunity,but you turned it down and walked away from becoming the complete person you could have been.
...I mean why jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?...
...deep within our consciousness something persuade us to do somethings that we cannot explain -it is one step beyond logic...
...WE JUST DO THESE THINGS...
...it is something within us very deep may be,the need to feed our voracious appetite for danger and glory...
...IT IS THE SPIRIT OF MAN...

...this just before we jumped off! I mean do I at all look worried? no ! at this time I knew I am going to enjoy this ride...Rio at the same time was filming my whole dive experience for a DVD-and the DVD is just fantastic-6 minute long has the whole dive plus MY INTERVIEW with RIO before and after the dive! ...
...EMBRACE THE FEAR...
...I know what you are thinking,WHAT IF?...
...BE BRAVE---EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT---PRETEND TO BE---cause no one can tell the difference.
...THE ULTIMATE JUMP...

...p in the plane just before her dive-looks a bit nervous-Phillip I mean!
...D on his way down....
...D perfect landing...

...P on her way down...
...P with perfect landing...
...after we landed...picture tells the story of our achivement...
...P and I were so proud of each other for what we have just done...
....this is tandem skydive where you are attached with hooks and things to your dive master and he has all the controls of the parachute...you are in the front and he behind you ...so you come out of the plane first looking at some 15,000 feet down below you but you have no control....once you are out of the plane-for the first full minute you are just free falling with parachute closed---then it opens at around 8000 feet...the FREEFALL for a minute is the most amazing experience you can have in your life.I can´t explain the feelings I had for that one minute,have no words to describe it.
Jumbo jets fly at some 36,000 feet ,so you can imagine 15,000 feet is long way up!
...its freezing cold at 15,000 feet and with the freefall your cheeks roll back in to your ears almost with force of gravity and high wind...its just awsome feeling!
...well you may ask what's next for this all conquering duo!...I think I have an idea...hey P! how about doing.............................
....watch this space...





No comments: