Sunday 5 August 2007

THAILAND 1,2,3

...bunglow for 8 days in KOH CHANG...its very wild island full of snakes and spiders and all sorts...

...Vedanta waving...


...hmmm!...discussing hand in hand as our journey soon goes in to AUSTRALIA & NEWZEALAND as we soon say goodbye to ASIA...but we think we will be back for more...

...elephant asking to show some mercy as six women tries to drown an elephant in KOH CHANG...
...after they tried to drown him ...they ask for a lift back to the bunglow...
...my man FLO from Germany...who taught me how to SCUBA DIVE and got rid off my fears of sea and deep water...
...how we travel with our backpack(07/08/2007 as we leave KOH CHANG for BANGKOK)...
... we are travelling very light ...we have been lucky in many places getting really cheap 3 to 4 star hotel accommodation through asiarooms and wotif ...
...Australia is expensive and no luck with either asiarooms or wotif...so we have booked 5 nights in a mix dormatory in a hostel with six sleeping in one room and outside toilet...cant wait to collect that campervan!
==================================================================

...arrived in KOH CHANG island in Thailand and just relaxing by the beach and doing some water sport...we have decided to take up SCUBA DIVING...Pritti has already got diving certificate (max 18m) and I am doing the course now and I will be certified scuba diver same as P by 7th of August...ita 4 days course...and by 7th I would have done 4 dives in Gulf Of Thialand(on 6th P and I are diving together...cant wait)
Its on/off rain here more like tropical weather ... hot and humid...food is good and we have nice little bunglow right on the beach...we are moving to BANGKOK ON 8th...would have been in KOH CHANG FOR 7 dayd by then...BANGKOK for 6 days then off to AUSTRALIA...
Have been following India in England and what a win!...I want nothing but rain for 5 days in Kennington Oval from 9th till 13th Aug...if India do it it would be great and worth 25 years wait...
Also been following my REDS here on tour in Asia and seen most of the matches live on telly...TORRES can do it for REDS this season,all we want is a decent start...COME ON YOU REDS!
Meeting loads of travellers on our journey and exchanging all kinds of views with them,from sports,religion to politics...
Too many fat European men both in Cambodia and Thialand going hand in hand with tiny little local girls and its really disgusting to see and immoral...why dont someone do something about it

THIALAND 2
...now in BANGKOK...feels like home to me as I have been here many times before but its nice and cool compare to hot and humid conditions when I am here with MGS for gofling tours in Feb/March for last few years...whenever I turn a corner I feel like I am going to bump in to one of MGS buddies but no not yet!...staying 3 nights in SIAM then moving to another part of BANGKOK for 3 nights(as we have got another great deal from WOTIF.COM)...been doing window shopping and chilling out and enjoying eating good food here...decided to buy new camera and have gone for CANNON eos 400D with extra wide angle to capture those panoramic views...think we got a good deal...was hoping to play golf but just cant get out to do it right now...its fruit season here and lots of exotic varieties are available...mangos are really tasty and boy I love them...by the way I can not believe that now I am a certified SCUBA DIVER...I was so fearful of deep water and sea in general and I actually dived in to sea with all the gear on 4 times and I did it...its madness...it was like being in a fish tank and saw thousands and thousands of rainbow colored fish of all sizes...and I got bitten by a bloody jellyfish...my arm was in real pain and red and bruised...am not kidding! I spent 4 days with my instructor name FLO(German)...nice guy with over 1200 dives all over the world...spent first day watching DVDs and then exam and practical work...2nd day spent at deep end of a swimming pool learning to dive with oxygen tank on my back with weights and regulator and breathing eqipment and I was real scared when I made my first dive in the pool...3rd day at open sea...one and half hour boat ride from KOH CHANG...to a reef full of millions of fish and stunning colorful corals...two dives in to sea on 3rd day...1st dive lasted 35 minutes and 2nd dive for 57 minutes...when I stood at back of the boat ready with all my gear to dive in to sea ...my legs were shaking like jelly and I said to myself DO NOT DO IT and another part of me said ...NOW or NEVER...FLO was already in water waiting for me and I took one giant step and I was in the sea...within 5 mnutes I was 26 feet under water gliding amongst thousands of fish and it was just magical beyond my wildest dreams...following day 2 more dives and I spent total of just under 2 hours under water at around 30 feet below water...brilliant
THAILAND 3...
been following INDIA in England and ...am one happy INDIAN supporter in Bangkok...superb inning by DHONI and KUMBLE...I dont care if we win it 1 nil or 2 nil...ITS A WIN either way and this makes-up for our mis-fortune in West Indies in the World Cup...and what a SATURDAY for me as THE REDS beat VILLA 2/1...I think we gonna lift the PREMIER TROPHY this time...I HAVE A DREAM...THAT MY REDS ONE DAY IN MAY 2008 WILL LIFT THAT TROPHY...I HAVE A DREAM...
...we are off to SYDNEY on TUESDAY and we will arrive there 6am the following day 15th August...we are hiring 3 berth CAMPERVAN and driving it from SYDNEY to CAIRNS...in sydney 5 days from 15th to 20th...then driving CAMPERVAN to CAIRNS...from 20th August to 17th September for 28 days(2000miles)...18th September flight to middle of AUSTRALIAN outbacks...AYRES ROCK and ALICE SPRING for 7 days ...then flight to ADELAIDE on 25th September...then from here we make our way to SYDNEY via MELBOURNE to catch a flight on 8th October to AUCKLAND (NEWZEALAND)...total 2 months in AUSTRALIA...see yaa in AUSTRALIA...

No comments: